Saturday, February 19, 2011

Preschool~ Solar System

~Smiley is currently 37 months old~

SOLAR SYSTEM-PART II
I had planned on introducing our new topic this week; however, Carisa introduced this fun solar system preschool pack last week and it just fit so perfectly into our lessons that I just had to incorporate it. So, we decided to extend our solar system unit for an additional week. I am glad I did, because Smiley had so much fun with this preschool pack.

Here are some of the things from the solar system preschool pack that we covered. (I didn't take pictures of everything).

Smiley cut out the different objects and then sorted them by planets/non planets. He loved this!


We learned new vocabulary...

And we sorted the different planets based on their distance from the sun....

Learning Toys...
We worked with several different learning toys, such as this little animal puzzle...
and beads...


Valentines Day...
In honor of Valentines Day we worked on different pink art projects...


And we did a lot of different activities with hearts :)
 Sorting by size and colors...

 Making patterns...

Tot School

2 comments:

  1. Great idea on sorting the planets by distance! Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your pink handprints. We are doing a "Pink Princess" theme next week, so I think we can adapt those a little bit. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete