Sunday, March 21, 2010

Tot School

~Smiley is currently 26 months old~

Tot School

I was sick last Sunday and therefore didn't get to link up to tot school. I am all better now, and here is the recap of what we've been up to the last two weeks :)

Learning Toys...
We worked with our Melissa and Doug stacker. We really focused on sorting by shape. The size thing is still a little difficult ;)

Cooties is always a big hit. Although, the quality of the toy isn't great and it is quite difficult to fit the little leg pieces into the body... (I am not a huge fan of this toy for that reason)
Scatterpillar continues to be a HUGE hit with Smiley. He's really good with the tweezers/tongues now as well!
The Melissa and Doug cutting food continues to be another favorite :)
We dug out our old puzzle again this week. It is really too easy for Smiley and we need to get some more advanced puzzles. Any recommendations on puzzles that are a bit more challenging but not too hard?

Trivial Pursuit. Great for fine motor skills. Continues to be pretty challenging for Smiley, but he does quite well with it :)

Coloring sheet from a preschool box...


ABCs...

We worked on the letter B this week. Here Smiley is coloring our B foam letter :)

He was really into the finished product, especially the stinger ;)


A letter B puzzle that we got from the library... (When he saw the balloon piece he ran to get the balloon he had received from the grocery store earlier that week)...


A felt B...

B stamps...

Books about the letter B...

A letter B hunt...


And then we did the letter Cc...

A foam C in which stuck all of our pegs...
A letter C puzzle...
We made a caterpillar to go with our letter C...

C books...

Spring Theme...
Growing a bunny...

We worked on flowers for our spring collage...
(over several days)



We read spring books :)
FUN...
We had the most beautiful weather the past two weeks and spent tons of time outside. We enjoyed some frozen yogurt...

We went to the beach....

Disneyland :)
Smiley particularly loved visiting Minnie's house...

Meeting Mickey was fun too :)
Teeny Tiny Tot School...
Reading (or eating) books...
Our peanut loved playing with her elephant...

She had her first solids. I guess she isn't a big fan, lol. She did love the banana though that I introduced yesterday :)

10 comments:

  1. Those c's are great that your little one wrote! I love the idea of using the Trivial Pursuit pieces for fine motor skills - awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! What a fun busy week! My boys love playing with the Cooties toy too - they use it like Mr. Potato Head!

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you find some great puzzles, post about them - we're on the look out, too!
    looks like you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. melaniet42- LOL, Smiley didn't actually write those c's. He asked me to write them and "one more" and "one more"... Should have clarified that. He doesn't write any letters yet ;)

    melanie- I will definitely post about puzzles when we find some good ones :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas, I need all the help I can get. We are a little behind in our ABC's, I was sick for a couple weeks so we are just now doing "B" this week. I see we have some similar ideas =) I haven't linked up to tot school since we just started, hopefully next week!

    Your kids are so cute, it looks like Smiley is doing very well with everything! My Jimmy is about the same age, but doesn't talk much so I am hoping actually focusing on certain letters each week will help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like 2 great weeks. It looks like your trip to Minnie's house fit right in with your C week as it looks like Minnie was baking a cake! Perfect!

    I think that Melissa and Doug Puzzles are some of the better ones out there. I would take a look and see what your looking for. I would think the smaller pegs might be your next step.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Trivial Pursuit...such a great idea! Never would have thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I stumbled across your blog and wanted to say hi.
    Take a minute an check my blog out
    I have lots of great giveaways going on.
    Thanks :)

    ethertonphotography.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete